Alaska 4-H is partnering with Renewable Energy Alaska Project (REAP) to provide 30 awesome Alaska 4-H'ers a cool opportunity to build a Mars Rover and power it with a solar panel!
This challenge is open to Alaska 4-H'ers in grades 5-12. Registration will only be open from 10/1-10/9.
To participate is simple, but you must follow all of the steps:
1. October 1, enroll in Alaska 4-H (4h.zsuite.org): head here for more info on our NEW enrollment system
2. Choose "CS Pathways-(your 4-H district)" for your club. Example: "CS Pathways-Anchorage"
3. Then choose "CS Pathways" as your project. You can just start typing that into the project line and it should pop up.
4. Once you pay your annual Alaska 4-H dues and your enrollment has been approved, head back into your enrollment dashboard and register for the "Mars Rover Solar STEM Challenge" event. Please let us know if you have troubles with this part....we are still working out the kinks.
5. Kits will be sent out the week of October 12th.
In the kit, you will receive:
-pieces to build a replica Mars Rover
-bits and pieces to make them all work together
Three FUN and INTERACTIVE virtual meetings!
All virtual meetings will be conducted via the Zoom video conferencing platform. All will be from 4-5pm. Conferencing information and passcodes will be shared with all participants.
4-H & Youth Development
University of Alaska Fairbanks
Cooperative Extension State Office
308 Tanana Loop, Room 209
Fairbanks, AK 99775