- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Small bag of baby carrots
- 6 small red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 Cups of mild chunky salsa
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread the quartered potatoes out into the bottom of the cooker.
- Spread the flour out onto a work surface. Sprinkle the chuck roast with salt and black pepper, and roll the roast in the flour to coat all sides. Using the edge of a small, sturdy plate, pound the flour into the meat. Place the floured roast into the cooker on top of the potatoes.
- Pour salsa over the chuck roast. Distribute carrots around the meat.
- Cover the cooker, set to Low, and cook until the roast is tender, about 8 hours.